LA NOUVELLE ETOILE - CHAMPAGNE, an 8-passenger ultra deluxe barge, cruises between Paris and Champagne, France
LA NOUVELLE ETOILE - CHAMPAGNE Cruise Stops
LA NOUVELLE ETOILE spends 3 weeks in the summer cruising the Champagne region of France, between Paris and Epernay. This ultra deluxe barge is pure floating elegance as she cruises along historic Marne river and scenic canals. The barge itself is the new standard in barging with every luxurious amenity possible. Yes, there is Satellite TV and internet access for those who want to stay in touch. For an exquisite experience with the most caring of owners, La Nouvelle Etoile is one of the best.
- Experience a glorious week of cheese and wine tasting while cruising along the Marne, one of the most beautiful rivers in France
- Cruise through the center of Paris past Notre Dame and discover the magnificent Chateau of Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Enjoy wines and tasting various bries of a master cheese maker in Coulommiers, known as one of THE centers of brie cheese making
- Visit the vast cellars of Moet et Chandon for a private Champagne tasting
- Imagine the scenes of American battles in World War I at Chateau-Thierry
- Explore the Abbey of Hautvilliers where monk Dom Perignon first made Champagne
Owner Operated: Yes - Jan and Diana Meijer
Number of Passengers: 8
Category: Ultra Deluxe
Cabin Bookings: Yes
Charter Bookings: Yes
Cruising Region: Champagne, France
Length of Cruise: 6 nights - Sunday to Saturday
Cruising Season: September
Theme Cruises: Three Country cruise, Tulip Season in Holland, Custom and Theme cruises available upon request
Meeting Location: Your Paris hotel
Cruise Rates 2019
|Sunday to Saturday (6 nights)
|Regular Season Departure
July 7 - one week only in 2019
|Suite per person, double occupancy
Included in Cruise Price
- Transportation between your hotel in Paris and the barge
- Six nights accommodation in private suite with ensuite bath
- Open bar with all wines, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
- Daily escorted excursions by air-conditioned van
- All barge amenities including bicycles, hot tub on deck, music system, library, etc.
Not Included in Cruise Price
- Air or other transportation to the meeting location
- Trip cancellation or medical insurance (available when booking)
- Personal expenses
- A discretionary gratuity for the crew (suggested minimum is 5% of the cruise price)
LA NOUVELLE ETOILE Features
Category: Ultra Deluxe
Barge Size: 128 ft long
Cabin Size: 200 sq ft including bathroom
Accommodations: 4 suites with king or twin beds
Heat & Air: Central heat and air conditioning
Three Country Cruise, Tulip season in Holland, Custom and Theme cruises available upon request
Cruising on LA NOUVELLE ETOILE
Paris to Epernay
Sunday - Transfer to Barge in Paris
After being met by our driver, you will taken to La Nouvelle Etoile which will be moored in the heart of Paris for a wonderful champagne welcome. You will have the afternoon to relax as we sail down the Seine past Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower. We will moor the first night in the Latin Quarter where you will enjoy the first of many gourmet meals on board.
Monday - Paris to Meaux
A morning cruise out of Paris onto the Marne River where we will have lunch and then visit the magnificent Chateau of Vaux-le-Vicomte. We will re-join the barge in Meaux in time to stroll around the town and visit the cathedral.
Tuesday - Meaux to La Ferte
Morning cruise from Meaux to La Ferte with an afternoon visit to Coulommiers, one of the centers of Brie cheese making. You will enjoy a tasting of the various Brie cheeses with a master cheese maker, along with wines from his excellent cellar.
Wednesday - La Ferte to Chateau-Thierry
We are now in Champagne and on our way to Charly-sur-Marne. Stop to enjoy the wonderful champagne of a small family vineyard before an afternoon cruise to Chateau-Thierry, the scene of American battles during World War I. There will be an optional trip to visit Belleau Wood battlefield.
Thursday - Chateau-Thierry to Damery
The Marne River takes us through vine-covered hills dotted with small wine villages to the delightful little town of Damery. Here we will visit the vast cellars of Moet Chandon and a private tasting of the champagne.
Friday - Damery to Epernay
We leave the Marne River for a small canal leading to Epernay. We will visit the Abbey of Hautvilliers where the monk Dom Perignon first made champagne. Afternoon drive to Reims Cathedral and then back to La Nouvelle for your last gourmet dinner on board and a farewell party.
Saturday - Transfer to Paris
After your last elegant breakfast on board you will be driven to either your hotel or the airport.
On alternate weeks the cruise will be in the reverse direction. This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change.
Barge Cruise Reviews for La Nouvelle Etoile
"La Nouvelle Etoile exceeded our expectations with the cabins being larger than expected. The excursions were just right, not too rushed or touristy. The barge route was gorgeous and amazing. Best of all was the crew - seriously! We could have stayed much longer." Eric S.
"My wife and I had the best time. We have done yacht and barge trips in the past, and this was as close to perfect as you can get." Anonymous by Request