Travel Resources and Links
Self-Drive Canal Boat Rentals in France and Europe
For do-it-yourselfers, adventurous folks, active young families and the budget conscious, a self-drive canal barge is great fun.They are based all over France and Europe making this a unique way to explore specific regions and immerse yourself in the culture and countryside.
- Though we don't handle them directly ourselves, we are happy to refer you to experts in the field. Just call Beth at 1-888-264-3983 or Request Information stating that you are interested in a self-drive canal boat.
- For experienced advice about renting a self-drive canal boat in France or Europe, contact Roger Van Dyken at BargingInEurope.com. He has cruised the waterways extensively and is happy to help with information and bookings.
Day Trips and Short Cruises
- Ireland - A traditional narrow boat cruises on Ireland's River Barrow and is available for half or full day trips up to 10 passengers or a 3 day cruise with up to 4 passengers. This could be the ideal way to experience Ireland's waterways with a local captain and his wife. For more information, visit the website for Larry's Barge.
Learning French to make your experience more enjoyable
- Learn the basics of French language. To get the most from your trip to France, it helps to know a few phrases and words to break the ice with the French. If you give it a try, you will receive a warm reception from helpful locals.
Burgundy Wine Region
Lanquedoc Region and Wines
- Learn about this upcoming wine region were the Canal du Midi joins the Mediterranean to Bordeaux.
French Riviera - the Cote d'Azur
- A new website with everything you need for your next trip to the sunny blue waters of the Mediterranean.
Disclaimer: Beth Hanson and CanalBargeCruises.com LLC assume no responsibility for the costs or services offered by the above travel resources. This is for information and convenience only.