NAPOLEON, a 12-passenger ultra deluxe barge, cruises in Provence, France
NAPOLEON Cruise Stops
BELMOND NAPOLEON is the height of elegance in river barge cruising on the Rhone River. Each daily excursion is a highlight visiting some of the best sights of Provence. The spacious salon and dining room of the Ultra Deluxe Class Napoleon are decorated in warm provencal colors, and it has a large observation deck with lounge chairs and hot tub. The inviting staterooms with ensuite baths each have a TV and DVD. Known for its excellent cuisine and interesting excursions, a river barge cruise on Napoleon is la creme de la creme. The experienced crew of six cares for your every wish, and makes this unique experience a special treat for everyone.
This cruise is ideal for those wanting to immerse themselves in the food, wine, and culture of luminescent Provence. Transportation between Paris and the barge is included.
- A relaxing cruise on the Rhone River
- Walking tour of Avignon with tour of the Palais du Papes
- Lunch in the medieval village of Grignan with visit to truffle farm
- A private wine tasting and visit to the Valrhona chocolate shop
- Visit the Roman town of Vienne and final wine tasting at a local vineyard
Owner Operated: No
Number of Passengers: 12
Category: Ultra Deluxe
Cabin Bookings: Yes
Charter Bookings: Yes
Cruising Region: Rhone River between Avignon and Lyon (or reverse)
Length of Cruise: 6 nights - Sunday to Saturday
Cruising Season: March - October
Theme Cruises: Family, Golf, Tennis and Custom upon request on whole boat charters
Meeting Location: Paris, for escort to TGV train. Tickets included in price
Cruise Rates 2023 (in Euros)
Sunday to Saturday (6 nights)
Please inquire or call 1-800-880-0071 for rates.
Cruise Dates 2023April 2-8, 9-15, 16-22, 23-29, 30-May 6
May 7-13, 14-20, 21-27, 28-June 3
June 4-10, 11-17, 18-24, 25-July 1
July 2-8, 9-15, 16-22, 23-29, 30-August 5
August 6-12, 13-19, 20-26, 27-September 2
September 3-9, 10-16, 17-23, 24-30
October 1-7, 8-14, 15-21, 22-28
Included in Cruise Price
- Transportation between Paris and the barge by first class TGV train which tickets are booked for the specific first and last dates of your barge cruise and are non-changeable or refundable.
- Six nights accommodation in private stateroom with ensuite bath
- All meals, wine and drinks on board
- Open bar
- Daily escorted excursions by air-conditioned van
- All barge amenities including bicycles, Jacuzzi on deck, music system, library, etc.
Not Included in Cruise Price
- Air or other transportation to the meeting location
- Trip cancellation or medical insurance (available when booking)
- Personal expenses
- A discretionary gratuity for the crew 5-10% of the cruise price
BELMOND NAPOLEON Features
Classic, Family, Golf and Tennis
River Cruise Itinerary of BELMOND NAPOLEON
Rhone River, Provence, France
Avignon to Lyon (or reverse)
In the afternoon, you will be met in the lobby of your Paris hotel by a transfer agent and chauffeured to the Gare de Lyon Train Station. Your cruise includes round trip First Class train tickets between Paris and Provence. As you alight at the Avignon TGV Station, a member of Napoleon crew will be on the platform and will chauffeur you to the barge moored at the Avignon gates. After the traditional welcome and introduction to crew, Napoleon sets sail to the country mooring of Roquemaure. Enjoy the first of many gourmet dinners.
This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change. The itinerary is in reverse direction on alternate weeks.
Barge Cruise Reviews for Belmond Napoleon
"Cruising seems to me a lot like going to a great spa. You don't have to make any decisions at all and all your needs are taken care of! We loved the crew and the elegant dinners. Beth, your service was outstanding with your attention to detail. I'm so glad I found you." Sue and Alan C.
"The barge and crew were just fabulous in every aspect and the accommodations outstanding! It absolutely met our expectations and more. On the excursions, we learned so much and loved the opportunity to keep up our fitness and walk off some of the cheese. The best was the food, glorious food, and after this the Van Gogh and different experiences off the barge. Graham really loved the wine cellars. We least liked having to leave at the end of the week!" Robyn and Graham K.